Colorado’s fall colors are having a bit of a rough year.
Continue Reading »
With my visit to West Creek Falls this past weekend, 31Falls, the project I thought would take me a year to complete back when I began, has finally reached the 50% completion point! I now have visited the various falls of Rocky Mountain National Park 62 times. A few of the metrics I’ve tracked for this project:
- Number of hikes: 31
- Total Mileage hiked: 229.4 miles
- Total Falls Completed: 8
- Bridal Veil, Calypso, Chasm, Copeland, Horseshoe, Lyric, Ouzel, West Creek
- Falls yet to be visited: 7
- Cascade, Columbine, Grace, Granite, Lost, North Inlet, War Dance
- Number of ‘good’ photos: 510
- Anticipated Completion date (on current schedule….): January 1, 2025!
The election of 2016 has given rise to many reassessments. For me, one was the need to spend more time in the mountains, away from the madness of people. Good thing I have this long running project to distract me, get me into the back country, and provide hours of hiking during which to think and make plans for the next four years. Stay tuned for more hikes and photographs coming this weekend as I seek to to work off the gluttony of Thanksgiving.